Encompass K.K. | Tokyo, Japan | 2009-Present
• Creator and lead developer of a web-based sales management platform for small businesses.
• Project Manager for client website development, social media presence, book publishing, smartphone app development and marketing campaigns.
• Responsible for communicating project requirements from management to technical staff and third party vendors.
Tsujii Laboratory, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2007-2009
• Project manager and lead developer of PathText: a text mining integrator for biological pathway visualizations developed in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, National Centre for Text Mining (University of Manchester) and Systems Biology Institute.
Department of Frontier Sciences & Science Integration, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2002-2007
• Lead developer for the EKOSS system, a semantic search engine developed for the sharing, discovery, and integration of expert scientific knowledge using semantic web and AI technologies.
• Lead developer for the Tokyo Half Project: A web-based exchange for countermeasure technology and computational model development. Managed integration with the MIT CADLab DOME project.
eigoTown.com, Tokyo, Japan, IT Manager, 2002-2003
Muncie, Indiana, 2001-2002
Rutter Communications Network LLC, Muncie, Indiana, 1992-2001
• Creator and lead developer of a business management system for tracking advertising sales, accounting and communication with satellite offices.
• Developed web-based weekly video news program for internal sales team communication, managed purchasing and maintenance of computers, communications, and networking equipment.
• Video production, editing and creative for local television commercials and lead developer for a regional telephone directory portal.
Ball State University Computer Labs, Muncie, Indiana, USA, 1990-1992
■ PathText: a text mining integrator for biological pathway visualizations
Brian Kemper, Takuya Matsuzaki, Yukiko Matsuoka, Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, Hiroaki Kitano, Sophia Ananiadou, Jun-ichi Tsujii
Bioinformatics [ISMB]. 01/2010; 26:374-381.
■ Community Platform for Pathway Model Building
Y Matsuoka, S Ghosh, N Kikuchi, R Sætre, B Kemper, N Okazaki, S Ananiadou, J Tsujii, H Kitano 10th International Conference on Systems Biology; 09/2009
■ Internet-Based Integrated Environmental Assessment, Part II: Semantic Searching Based on Ontologies and Agent Systems for Knowledge Discovery
Steven Kraines, Rafael Batres, Brian Kemper, Michihisa Koyama, Vincent Wolowski
Journal of Industrial Ecology 02/2008; 10(4):37 – 60. · 2.28 Impact
■ Connecting Text Mining and Pathways using the PathText Resource.
Rune Sætre, Brian Kemper, Kanae Oda, Naoaki Okazaki, Yukiko Matsuoka, Norihiro Kikuchi, Hiroaki Kitano, Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, Sophia Ananiadou, Jun-ichi Tsujii
Proceedings of the International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2008, 26 May – 1 June 2008, Marrakech, Morocco; 01/2008
■ PathText: Text Mining Tools Integrated with Biological Pathway
R Sætre, B Kemper, K Oda, N Okazaki, Y Matsuoka, N Kikuchi, H Kitano, Y Tsuruoka, S Ananiadou, J Tsujii
Genomes to Systems Conference 2008 Handbook; 01/2008
■ EKOSS: A Knowledge-User Centered Approach to Knowledge Sharing, Discovery, and Integration on the Semantic Web
Steven B. Kraines, Weisen Guo, Brian Kemper, Yutaka Nakamura
The Semantic Web – ISWC 2006, 5th International Semantic Web Conference
Athens, GA, USA, November 5-9, 2006, Proceedings; 01/2006