Brian KemperSeasoned professional with over 25 years of experience creating websites, multimedia marketing, and business management applications.
Encompass K.K. , Tokyo, Japan, 2009-Present
• Designed and implemented web-based business management systems for clients.
• Lead developer for websites and multimedia marketing campaigns.
• Project manager for mobile app development.
Tsujii Laboratory, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2007-2009
• Project manager and lead developer for PathText: a text mining integrator for biological pathway visualizations.
Department of Frontier Sciences & Science Integration, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2002-2007
• Lead developer for the EKOSS project: A semantic search engine for sharing, discovery, and integration of expert knowledge.
• Developer for the Tokyo Half Project: A web-based exchange for countermeasure technology and computational model development.
• Managed project integration with the MIT CADLab DOME project.
eigoTown.com, Tokyo, Japan, IT Manager, 2002-2003
• Website maintenance for eigoTown.com website.
• Project manager for English learning product sales.
• Managed computer systems and networking equipment.
• Managed IT staff.
Muncie, Indiana, 2001-2002
• Designed websites, installed computer networks, and managed PC issues for local businesses.
Rutter Communications Network LLC, Muncie, Indiana, 1992-2001
• Developed web-based sales and accounting management systems.
• Lead developer for a regional telephone directory portal.
• Developed web-based weekly video news program for internal sales team communication.
• Managed purchasing and maintenance of computers, communications, and networking equipment.
• Video production, editing and creative for local television commercials.
Ball State University Computer Labs, Muncie, Indiana, USA, 1990-1992
• Managed user support for computer lab of Apple, Windows and Vax terminals.
• Maintained computer terminals and printing equipment.
■ PathText: a text mining integrator for biological pathway visualizations
Brian Kemper, Takuya Matsuzaki, Yukiko Matsuoka, Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, Hiroaki Kitano, Sophia Ananiadou, Jun-ichi Tsujii
Bioinformatics [ISMB]. 01/2010; 26:374-381.
■ Community Platform for Pathway Model Building
Y Matsuoka, S Ghosh, N Kikuchi, R Sætre, B Kemper, N Okazaki, S Ananiadou, J Tsujii, H Kitano 10th International Conference on Systems Biology; 09/2009
■ Internet-Based Integrated Environmental Assessment, Part II: Semantic Searching Based on Ontologies and Agent Systems for Knowledge Discovery
Steven Kraines, Rafael Batres, Brian Kemper, Michihisa Koyama, Vincent Wolowski
Journal of Industrial Ecology 02/2008; 10(4):37 – 60. · 2.28 Impact
■ Connecting Text Mining and Pathways using the PathText Resource.
Rune Sætre, Brian Kemper, Kanae Oda, Naoaki Okazaki, Yukiko Matsuoka, Norihiro Kikuchi, Hiroaki Kitano, Yoshimasa Tsuruoka, Sophia Ananiadou, Jun-ichi Tsujii
Proceedings of the International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC 2008, 26 May – 1 June 2008, Marrakech, Morocco; 01/2008
■ PathText: Text Mining Tools Integrated with Biological Pathway
R Sætre, B Kemper, K Oda, N Okazaki, Y Matsuoka, N Kikuchi, H Kitano, Y Tsuruoka, S Ananiadou, J Tsujii
Genomes to Systems Conference 2008 Handbook; 01/2008
■ EKOSS: A Knowledge-User Centered Approach to Knowledge Sharing, Discovery, and Integration on the Semantic Web
Steven B. Kraines, Weisen Guo, Brian Kemper, Yutaka Nakamura
The Semantic Web – ISWC 2006, 5th International Semantic Web Conference
Athens, GA, USA, November 5-9, 2006, Proceedings; 01/2006